Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing 4

In my experiences with blogs, I have noticed that they are written on a "down to earth" level. They are filled with social vocabulary. I enjoyed reading the blogs I chose to read. They were easy to read. They had some good information and some shocking information. I never thought of a student using a cell phone against me. Wow.
Blogging can aid in learning in so many ways. Reluctant readers are able to read in a situation that is not threatening to them. They are reading on the computer. Most kids today would rather "play" on the computer rather than read a book. They don't even realize they are learning. :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the way blogs are written in the social register also. It does give reluctant readers a place to get their feet wet in a medium that is not so foreign to them. As you said they like to play on the computer.

    ReplyDelete