Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 18

I love YouTube. When we are bored, we will sit as a family and play on YouTube. We pick a subject (comedy, favorite comedians, songs, etc). We can play for hours.

On YouTube, I searched PreKindergarten and found many classroom videos. Some included teachers teaching a lesson, PreK graduations, and fieldtrips. I also searched "making jewelry" for my how to video. There were over 4,000 videos. Wow! For my fun video, I found "The Mom Song". I love this song. It is so appropriate for a mom's daily life.

When I searched TeacherTube for PreKindergarten, I found only 3 videos. Two of the three were informational. One was an orientation to PreK. One was a video on how to complete PreK homework. The last video was of a PreK Easter program.

These sites can be used in the classroom to teach and reinforce skills. I would probably trust TeacherTube for use in the classroom over YouTube. It is a little safer.

Below is the Mom Song by Anita Renfro.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen the video several times, but I still enjoy watching it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete