Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing 6

I love this Reader. I have been looking at my Reader pretty much on a daily basis. Not much has come through it over the last few days. Of course, I have a lot of items from PreK teachers. They are enjoying vacation right now.

One item I did see and like was the article The Courage to Say No by J.M. Holland. http://blogs.preknow.org/insideprek/2009/07/the-courage-to-say-no.html

This article talks about a subject that most parents deal with but don't want to talk about - Saying no to their children. The article emphasizes that it is ok to say no to your children. It is ok not to give them everything they ask for. Instead of watching tv and playing video games, kids should be outside.

I agree with this statement. It is hard to get kids out these days. It's hot. They have to be careful. And we (parents) have to watch them more closely. Make sure they are not in the street or too far away. When they are in the house, we know they are ok.

I can see how the Reader is a plus in education. So much information is out there. It is hard to see it all. The Reader brings it to you. Thanks Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment