Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 22

I use both Myspace and Facebook. I use Facebook daily. My Myspace just sits there and collects bulletins. The only reason I started using either of them was that my friends were talking about them and I was curious. I got sucked in to the "Dark Side". I have contacted people that I went to high school and college with that I would not have known how to contact. My Facebook URL is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=1319796426&ref=profile

1. Why is it important that educators know how social networking works?

It is important for educators to know about social networking for many reasons. One is the ability to contact other teachers for resources and ideas. Another is that we need to be aware of what is out there. It is always good to be informed. When I taught Resource, my kids were talking about FB and Myspace. I didn't know anything about them. So I checked it out. Now I am hooked.

2. What new insights did you gain about these popular sites?

I play on these sights frequently. I am always finding new applications. If you want to play a game or search a topic, it is probably out there in the Facebook world somewhere.

3. What did you like or dislike about each of the sites you explored?

I dislike that my information is pretty much out there for the world to see. I can control it a little more on Facebook. But people can still see it.

4. Which site had the most useful features?

In my opinion, Facebook is easier to use. If you don't know html code, Myspace is hard to manipulate.

5.Can you see an educational application for any of these sites?

To me, these sites are completely social. I do not use them in my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I was talked into Facebook by friends as well and now I am hooked. I too have reconnected with many old friends and keeping up with new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook is easier for me to use also. Even though I'm on it almost everyday, I'm still a little anxious about what others can see.

    ReplyDelete